Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Transit Commission Eliminates Routes 8 and 10 Effective 5 January 2009

The Green Bay Transit Commission voted this morning to approve the recommendation of the Service Development Committee (SDC) and eliminate Routes 8 and 10 from service effective 5 January 2009. Additional information about these changes can be found on the July 2008 section of this blog. http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/ftp/Blog/2008_07_01_archive.html

It was the desire of the SDC to move these service hours and expand service into the outlying service area to address needs and requests. However, due to budgetary constraints affecting all of our member municipalities, this change was not able to happen.

Therefore, the Commission was forced to eliminate these two low performing routes from service and accelerate the implementation date of Routes 3 & 4. Additional information and schedules for Routes 3 and 4 will be forthcoming.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I challenge raising the monthly fare for only Adult and E&D passes. The rate hike is excessive. At the current rate for and Adult Monthly Pass, the pass pays for itself at 18 rides. With the proposed rate of $35.00, it takes 24 rides to cover the cost of the pass. This means that an adult needs to ride the bus 6 days a week, one way, to cover the cost of the pass. At this price, for me the only benefit is that I don't need to make sure I have change. Why should a student pass be 46% cheaper than an adult pass? Why should an adult pass increase 26%, an E&D pass increase 39%, & student passes stay the same? A $9.00/month increase hugely affects my budget. I'm not a student, I'm not elderly, I'm not legally disabled. I am living well below the poverty level of income, & this is harsh on those of us who rely on GB Metro for our transportation needs.

Anonymous said...

Well looks like I will not be getting a bus pass anymore. I can't afford that price for the bus pass. So looks like transit is losing my rider monies that they would be getting for me to ride the bus for a month.

Anonymous said...

Well looks like I will not be getting a bus pass anymore. I can't afford that price for the bus pass. So looks like transit is losing my rider monies that they would be getting for me to ride the bus for a month.